Spencer Roberts – Summary of Work
October 9, 2013 § Leave a comment
Start looking at one theorist. Research. Mind map.
You are required to:
- Identify two key theorists or two key perspectives.
- Produce a formal mind map of each of your theorists/perspectives.
- Produce a more aesthetic visualisation of each of your chosen theorist/perspectives.
- Produce a five page treatment of each theorist/perspective in the style of an Icon Books beginners guide.
- Produce an essay comparing and contrasting your chosen theorist/perspectives (2000 words)
For next session:
- Identified at least one of two theorists and map their position. Pick someone you like/are interested in. You are modelling their ‘way of seeing’ and their ‘image of thought’
- What aspects of the world could they be said to prioritise – what aspects of the world do they background/obscure.
- Focus on tendencies of thought – traditions – wider influence.
- Keep in mind traditions/historical location – what was the significance of their practice then – what is their significance of their practice now? In what sense do they innovate? Are they notable in any other way?
- Are they affiliated with particular technologies/techniques – what are the assumptions of such technologies?
- Who were their precursors? Who are their successors?